Oregon SSN Authors Report on Child Care Needs
- Children & Families
Oregon’s Unmet Child Care Needs is a report commissioned by Family Forward of Oregon and authored by Mary C. King, Professor of Economics Emerita, Portland State University and Lisa Dodson, retired Research Professor of Sociology, Boston College, co-leaders of the Oregon SSN Chapter.
The report describes the current state of child care in Oregon, and includes evaluation of:
- The economic and social consequences for children, parents, and the child care work force;
- The economic payoff to investments in early childhood education and care;
- The connections among child care and race, gender, and class equity;
- The impacts on women’s lifelong economic mobility;
- And first steps toward a long-term, public solution to address Oregon’s child care crisis.